1) General Conduct: Students are answerable to College authorities for their conduct.
Parents are expected to co-operate with the school authorities making their children understand that a well ordered and disciplined way of life is as important at home as it is in the school.
Each student has to keep his cupboard, bed and kit tidy. He/she should turn out correctly in the prescribed dress and proper hair-cut for the school. Girls shall tie pleats underneath their scarves.
Student shall have to abide by rules framed and amended by AIPS & Jr. College, Panchgani authorities from time to time.
2) Discipline: All students are expected to maintain strict discipline within & outside classroom, library, laboratories and dormitories also observe rules prescribed from time to time. They are also expected to show politeness and courtesy of speech, to observe cleanliness of dress & person, as well. Any reported or observed objectionable conduct within or outside the institution on the part of a student would make him/her liable for disciplinary action.
Student are required to maintain the cleanliness of the premises.
Smoking & consumption of tobacco in any form is strictly prohibited.
No outside food is allowed to be given to the boarders while they are in the school campus without the permission of Director/Principal.
3) Examination & Promotion: All tests, internal assessments and examinations are compulsory.
Students are expected to take them seriously and as per the schedule.Any student who persistently misbehaves or is guilty of malpractice in connection with the examination or has committed an act of serious indiscipline or who in the opinion of the Principal has an adverse influence on his fellow student, may be expelled permanently or removed from the rolls for a specific period.In order to get promotion to the next class, a student must score at least 40% in every subject.
4) Damage to school property: Students must not tamper with electrical fittings or fixtures in any part of the school campus.Students must not move or remove any articles or furniture from their proper places without permission. A student shall render him/herself liable for action for any damage, whatsoever, to the school properties. Strict disciplinary measures will be taken against such offenders. Parents have to bear expenses for repair/replacement etc.
5) Leave: Parents should ensure that the students report back to school on the first day after vacations duly escorted by parents / guardians, failing which, a fine of Rs 500/ per day will be imposed. Genuine cases may be considered if intimated to the Principal well in advance. No student shall remain absent from school without the permission of the Principal.
If any student is absent from school, leave application must be submitted to the Principal. If absence due to illness lasts more than a day, the application of leave must be accompanied by a medical certificate issued by a registered doctor. Any other urgent leave should be with prior permission from the Principal. Parents are advised to consider school calendar before planning their family ceremonies so as not to ask for leave. The Head Master reserves the right to refuse leave of absence for festivals, wedding & other ceremonies at home, if it interferes with the student’s work in school or hampers school discipline.
6) Parents visits and Withdrawals: Parents must not visit their wards in the boarding very often. We encourage parents to visit their wards only on last Sunday of every month. Parents can take their wards for outing from 4.00 pm on Saturday till 5.00 pm Sunday with prior permission from the office. They can communicate with their wards over the phone nos. of the dorms. All notices of withdrawal should be given 2 months in advance. No transfer certificate is issued until all dues to the School are paid.
7) Fees: Not more than two instalments are allowed to pay the school fees. First instalment must be paid at the time of admission. Second instalment must be cleared before Winter break. No fee is refundable in any case.
8) No Liability: Despite every care that is taken, the management or any members of the staff will not be responsible nor shall be held liable for any accident or injury sustained by the student in the dormitory, classrooms, or play ground or during visit of educational tours.
9) Antagonism: Students cannot take part in the activities or associations that propagate & result in communal antagonism nor take part on furthering their activities. Student are not allowed to put up Posters & Notices without the permission of the Principal.
10) Ragging: is a criminal offence and hence not allowed in any form in the school premises and outside the school. Indulging in such an act may result in expulsion or penal sequences as per ‘Anti-Ragging act 2009, section 32’
11) Sexual harassment: in any form to a male or female student or staff is a serious offence and may result in expulsion or penal consequences as per ‘The Sexual Harassment of Women Act & the Rules 2013’ or The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012, Section 39, whichever applicable.
12) We are a “Tobacco Free Campus”: Consumption of tobacco/nicotine or any other intoxicants is strictly prohibited in the school campus. Breach of this rule may result into expulsion from the school.
13) Termination: The Head Master/Director reserves the right to terminate a student for an act of indiscipline.
In case of any dispute, decision of Head Master/ Director will be honoured.
I have carefully read and understood the rules and regulations laid out by AIPS, Panchgani and I solemnly declare that I agree to abide by the rules and regulation of the School, failing to do so appropriate action can be initiated against me.